View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 09, 2011, 05:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Let me ask you this, how many Ts are acceptable to you. After all you are the expert on this topic.
I really don't understand the question as there is no context given whatsoever....acceptable in a game? In 10 games? In one quarter? What actions are causing you to call the fouls?

But I will say that there is no correct answer to any of them. You could handle every situation perfectly and go 10 games without a technical foul. Then something comes up, which you also handle perfectly, and you call 10 technical fouls in a quarter.

I know you say that there are no absolutes but that isn't how it should be. Some things such as personal insults ("you suck at officiating basektball") as well as accusing the officials of cheating ("you are making those calls because you are trying to help the other team win") are always a technical foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
I find it absurd that he thinks an official who determines that "call the damn foul" is being overly sensitive by calling a T in that situation, as if it has anything to do with an officials sensitivity. It doesn't.
Do you call technical fouls if someone yells "damn"? Saying "call the damn foul" really isn't any different.