View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Travesty or strategy?

Quote:
Originally posted by mplagrow
We had this conversation a month or so ago. Same situation, except A didn't try to miss the free throws. Is it a travesty to intentionally violate the rules, or just good strategy? On the other hand, is intentionally missing a shot any different? I agree that you warn player B to stop intentionally violating. But you can't tell a player to stop intentionally missing a free throw!
I think they are fundamentally different. One is the violating of a rule in an attempt to gain an advantage. Missing a FT is not a violation of a rule.

Quote:

Ultimately, I believe B is at the disadvantage, but they should be. They obviously had to foul that late in the game to be in that position. Warn B, play on, T him if he does it again.
I agree. B is behind and shouldn't be allowed to break the rules for a chance to win.

To turn the tables, if A had the arrow, A1 could shoot an airball or step across the line and A would have the ball OOB.

I even might alert B1, out loud so A1 could hear it, that if the shooter airballs or violates after B1 steps in, A would get the ball OOB on the arrow...and that would really make it hard for B to win.