View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 01:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Just started last week. Damn plyometrics had me sore for days!
Then you know what the hell I am talking about.

Quote:
Here are some more realities: We're not talking about servers here. There are far more expensive things today that teams must deal with than handheld devices. And, schools must find a way to afford PCs in order to prepare our youth for the 21st century world. Since handheld devices are affordable for all, that argument of the haves and have-nots is simply antequated. I've dealt with very rural schools, and they're certainly not without technology.
An IPad cost right now about $500 or more based on the hard drive (can be nearly $850 in the right places). I personally cannot afford that now based on other bills and priorities in my life, you really think schools can afford multiple of these devices and be able to pay for fixing them or replacing them for either damage or theft.

I grew up in a rural area and went to a rural school. A lot of this depends on your state and population and financial situation of the state and districts. A lot of rural schools cannot afford a lot of things and have less money for athletics. We argue over what we are paid and if schools can afford a 3rd official and now we expect schools to compete in an activity that many have considered dropping all together because of expenses and we want to allow schools to use things based on a technology advantage? You act like all schools have similar resources which if you just look at the news that is extremely clear how there are the have or have nots in education in this country.

Quote:
That's not hyperbole, Rut. That's truth. People fear change.
What does that have to do with what we are talking about? The NF changes rules every year and some drastic changes. This is not about change, this is about balance in competition. You will have an in-balance if you allow some schools to use technology and many host schools would provide things for their locker room and not the visiting locker room. This would be a bad idea and why I do not see a change anytime soon. And it is not about fear. If you can coach you can do so without a video for a 10 minute period.

Quote:
The competition would only be unequal if one team was allowed to use a device, and the other team wasn't. Let the coaches decide what devices they want to use to do their jobs. One team almost always has advantages over another, and that's just life. This realm should be no different.
The school that can barely buy uniforms and provide adequate other equipment will not have to buy more devices to play a simple game. It is a sport, not a test of the have and have nots.

Peace