Thread: Bat Rolling
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
So, how long did it take you to advise said cheater (oka...coach) that you are removing your son from the team and want all monies paid to this point refunded?
While I don't like the notion of rolling a bat, it isn't cheating as long as it doesn't flatten the bat.

There are a number of companies out there which sell bats that are 'pre hit'. In other words, you pay them to hit a few hundred baseballs in order to stress the resin in your composite bat. The bat becomes livelier while still conforming to BBCOR standards. A new, rolled bat is simply much deader and players/coaches know it. They have found a way to speed up the process of making the bat ready to go. It also shortens the life of the bat but that is hardly a concern to most. It still makes me shake me head to see a kid open his bag and pull out almost a $1,000 worth of bats. My son will break in his bats the old fashioned way. My arm will be plenty sore from throwing his batting practice but its the price I pay for wanting him to be ethical and talented.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.