View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 20, 2011, 03:17pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Don't NCAA whistles have to be all the same in order to be the right frequency to stop the clock?
Or isn't that a universal thing in all NCAA venues?

One guy on our crew got the brilliant idea to get a Dolphin whistle. We made him put it away and go back to the Fox 40 so as to be uniform crew-wise. It made one of us sound like some sort of wounded duck.

Junior and Daryl Long, and I have been using the Dolfin whistle since it came out. I much prefer it over the Fox-40 Classic as well as the Mini-Fox (which I used for years because I do not care for the feel of the Fox-40 Classic in my mouth) for comfort and I think that it sounds slightly louder than the Fox-40 Classic. And do you really think that players, coaches, and fans can really tell the difference in sound. I don't think so. I think that you are over thinking the sound issue. I can tell you that I was probably one of last college officials, men's or women's, at any difference that finally went to the Fox and it was not until the Mini-Fox came out and then I eventually went to the Fox-Classic because I just did. I can still make a peaed Acme Thunderer sound louder than a Fox-40.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio