Thread: Couple things
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 14, 2011, 12:57pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stir22 View Post
Hey everyone. A couple of things happened to me last saturday morning. I'm a fourth year guy. 8th grade boys.

1- 27 seconds left. Visitors point guard steps to the line to shoot two. 7 seconds left, they are up by 9, so the outcome is not in doubt. Swishes the first, airballs the second. I whistle the violation and start down the court. Obviously, I'm trail. HIS coach, in a very sparsely-populated gym starts chanting "air...ball...air...ball..." I said,"coach, lets not do that." He says,"it's my guy!" I knew he was kidding with his player, but I felt it was inappropriate.

2- Home coach, several times (at least 4) during the game, says to his players after they were called for fouls," don't worry....that wasn't a foul." I've had that happen before, but not so many times during a game. Ever whack a coach for saying this? BTW, the game was extremely rough and physical.

Thoughts?

/many thanks
Stuff like #2 needs to be dealt with quickly. Your whole local association needs to be consistent when it comes to dealing with this clown behavoir. The best way is to remind, warn, then whack.