Thread: Eyeblack
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 12, 2011, 05:18pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I can not remember any NFHS, NCAA, or NBCUSC Comment on the Rules, Editorial, Interpretation, or Points of Emphasis with regard to this situation in my 41 years of officiating.

That said, with regard to eye makeup, I am not going down that road, especially in a boys' game, .

Regarding face paint, if I was the HC of a girls' team and my players were intimidated by opponents who has its school's school mascot painted on their cheeks, then I need to players.

Regarding eye black, I could never understand how eye black helped reduce glare for baseball, softball, and football players, that said, I would not doubt that there are players who may have problems with the glare from bright lights and if it helps players in outdoor sports then it could possibly help basketball players. Of course I can see prohibiting players who paint their players like KISS or the Insane Clown Posse, .

MTD, Sr.

I can NOT believe that not one 'yunguns' on this forum did not pick up on my "bald old geezer" reference to the Insane Clown Posse?

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio