View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I am probably more aware of what the rule is than you are. And why I am about to even respond I will never know.

But the point is if they do not tell you this, are we supposed to remove them near the end of the game? What world are you living in? Do we get rid of a scorer after the T is to be given? If they do not tell you, then what are you going to do? We grant timeouts when they are asked for. We do not sit around and make sure they tell us or if you have other concerns with your partner (which is common near the end of any game) officials are not always looking for the timeout count. Honestly I do not care and almost never do. They have coaches that know they called timeout. I joke about them having 10 coaches, but it is not unusual for there to be 5 coaches with many programs I officiate, so when they use timeouts or certainly use timeouts someone already knows. No different as to how they seem to know how many fouls a player has or if they are about to foul out. Most of the time when a player fouls out, the coach somehow already knows. I am not going to go through a process of removing a person because they might have been making sure other things are in order with the book and they happen to not tell me when a team has run out or if they are low.

Peace
You respond because of liking to engage in constructive arguments??

Nowhere did I say automatically replace, I said could replace.

I, did however, retract by saying that being so close to the end of the game, it would not make much sense to ask for a replacement.