View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 04, 2011, 07:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
By that argument, C is also the correct answer. If the double FT violation happens on the first of multiple shots, it will not be an AP situation, you move on to the next shot(s)...as I think you're alluding to in the rest of your reply.

Furthermore, and by the same argument, A is also correct because it is not an AP situation when, on the jump ball, the ball is held by two opposing players before either team gains control to start the AP procedure. It is a held ball where 2 players will rejump, not AP.

This question is horribly written because you have to make an assumption about the game situation in order to get the right answer....is it a jump ball, first of multiple FTs, a throw-in, or general live ball. Normally, you are expected to assume that it is a general live ball (do not read too much into the question). However, in that case, no answer is correct.
I agree it's not a well written question, but the first (well, second) thing I thought of when reading it was the difference between a double FT violation (which is an undefined term) and a simultaneous violation. Maybe the question was written when the rule changed a few years ago and was designed to test the new rule.