View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 04, 2011, 03:25pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
By that argument, C is also the correct answer. If the double FT violation happens on the first of multiple shots, it will not be an AP situation, you move on to the next shot(s)...as I think you're alluding to in the rest of your reply.

Furthermore, and by the same argument, A is also correct because it is not an AP situation when, on the jump ball, the ball is held by two opposing players before either team gains control to start the AP procedure. It is a held ball where 2 players will rejump, not AP.

This question is horribly written because you have to make an assumption about the game situation in order to get the right answer....is it a jump ball, first of multiple FTs, a throw-in, or general live ball. Normally, you are expected to assume that it is a general live ball (do not read too much into the question). However, in that case, no answer is correct.

Camron and Snaqs:

You are correct about answers A and C, I forgot about both of the situations that you offered, but fear not I would have put the ball back into play correctly none-the less. I agree that it is not worded very well.

There is a question on the OhioHSAA Online State Rules Meeting that has three possible answers in which only one is correct; one is 100% incorrect and the other two are each 50% correct, and when combined together gives the correct answer but there is only one correct answer as far as the Online Rules Meeting is concerned. Once the time period for the exam is over (because people are still attending the exam online) I will post the question, the possible answers with the correct answer as far as the OhioHSAA is concernend.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 03:28pm. Reason: Corrected spelling; I am going to have to proof read my responses before hitting the send button.