View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 28, 2011, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Well it might be the norm, but I bet it is not expected by the assignor. I say that because a lot of guys that work those games, are working those games for a reason and their professionalism is one of those reasons. I would never come dressed to a game for so many reasons I have talked about before. They better put me in some office somewhere or I am not working the game. I am not coming out of the rain, snow or wind in my black pants that just got dirty from the outside elements. That is just not going to happen.
So if you work JH games you're unprofessional? I work as many varsity games as I care to and I still work a small number of JH games. Why? Because they usually play on nights when varsity games aren't being played, they're easy, close to home, I'm home in time for dinner, and I get an opportunity to work with newer, less experienced officials and help them get better. Nobody around here cares if an official comes dressed to a JH game; they're just glad a competent official was willing to do it.