View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 26, 2011, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettoref View Post
A1 is injured as the horns sounds to end the first quarter and the coach of Team A is beckoned by an official onto the court to attend to A5. RULING:
The intermission should begin when A5 is removed from the court. No substitute is required when A5 is ready to play to start the second quarter. When A5 is not ready, a substitute should report before the warning horn or a time out may be requested by Team A to keep A5 in the game.

I have several question here just to make sure that I am understanding the proper ruling on this case.

1. If team A coach waits until after the 45 sec warning horn to send a sub for A5, this does not prevent that sub from entering the game? Because we can't begin the second quarter with only 4 team A players, correct?

2. And if he decides at 55 seconds of the 1 minute intermission that he wants a time out to keep A5 in the game, can anyone think of why we would not grant that request?

I seems to think that if he wants a time out before the ball becomes live to begin the second quarter, then we should grant his request? Agree or disagree?

Any thought would be appreciated?
If A1's(A5???) situation can not be corrected by the end of intermission, the coach will need to sub for him/her. The Time out can be requested and granted. 5-11-5 & 5-11-7 are when you should not grant a time out.