Thread: Mixed Messages
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 05:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
No there isnt,other than having to work closer to the basket to see what the munchkins are doing to each other, unless you have to make allowances for odd placements of the scoring table or crazy rule adaptations that require some mechanics tweaking. I hear this gripe of the mechanics being an issue from the HS guys that wont do rec ball, its basically an excuse of not wanting to do it without actually saying it.(Not to mention their mechanics usually stink anyways at the HS level to begin with).
I guess it depends on what you call rec ball, but for many no one I know really cares about it but to make an extra buck. I do not know many that rely on that to become better or do not get into bag habits for the very reason I stated above. I do not do it because it is often has no or little accountability based on who assigns it and the organizations over it. Just like during the summer I do not use NF mechanics as I already know those. I tend to do things to work on other parts of my game. I do not butter my bread with non-HS and college games, so what I do in games like AAU is up to me. Even summer HS basketball is not with the same standards.

Peace