View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawetag View Post
Your comment wasn't given as opinion, but as fact. I'll give you that TLR has done his fair share of whining, but if you're going to spout some BS about faking an injury and giving this statement as fact of it happening before, feel free to give us proof of it.

In fact, it was Maddon that faked a pitcher injury, and I can't recall any time that TLR has even come close to doing the same.
No, I didn't. What I said was, "The TLR we've seen in the past would have chosen that moment to have a conniption fit (or have a coach do it), or fake an injury, or SOMETHING to make sure the pitcher HE wanted was coming in."

My point being ... if TLR is not fabricating this phone nonsense, then he WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING to stall. Reading some after posting this, I've read no less than 3 articles (all in the link above) that call Tony LaRussa the king of stalling (there's your bibliography, I guess). I was NOT saying TLR is a cheat, but rather saying that he would have found a way, whatever that entails.

West Houston Mike