View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 01:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIUmp View Post
Not to put you on the spot, but I am sure there is more to this story. Can you elaborate all you know? Have you ever, at any point, had a UIC or your assignor have a conversation with you about your umpiring? If so, what was it concerning?
The TD for this tournament also run a rec league at the same complex and has stated to me on occasion that teams complained (during regular leave play) that I was allowing pitchers to exceed the height limit and asked me to bring it down. This was when the limit was 12' and he suggested I call anything above 10' illegal.

Quote:
Do you know of the teams/level/association involved? How often have you done their games this past year? Have you had any issues in those games?
I do not know any of the teams for absolute, but we are a pretty small community and I would estimate I know (from league play) at least 1/2 of the players. It is a Co-Ed C/D/E for fun tournament. ASA rules. I have worked other tournaments this year (including a local Co-Ed for fun last weekend, which probably had many of the same teams) as well as Fall season (ended early Oct). No issues.

Quote:
Have you had issues with partners?
No.

Quote:
How about a certain level? I know some guys that I've UIC'd for who are good umpires, but who have a quick temper and can not manage coaches or spectators - that is they will argue with all around.
I only work SP "adult" rec league locally. I have been doing that within the same association and the same local rec leagues for 4 years now.

Quote:
...you have to start digging and finding out the problem so it can be rectified, whatever it may be.
Digging has begun!!!!

Quote:
On edit: Did you have any harsh words with your UIC or assignor? Did you turn back any games? Did you have limited availability when he needed you and now he's "taking it out on you?" Do you work for a competing organization and there's a conflict of interest?
I was not available to work this summer and communicated that to the assignor early in the year. When I became available at the beginning of August (start of Fall season) I was regularly assigned games and worked all that I was assigned.

Last edited by gumpire; Sun Oct 23, 2011 at 02:09am. Reason: to revise or correct