View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 22, 2011, 06:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Intent And Purpose ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
"Thirty-two", not "three, two", was the law of the land. Which is what we do here in FL. And is in the officiating manual.
IAABO manual? My IAABO manual just says to "state the color and number". Now, technically, you may be correct, three two is not a number, just two numerals, whereas thirty-two is an actual number. But is it the intent of IAABO to demand that we state an actual number, or do they leave it up to the individual boards?

I would love to get an interpretation of this "mechanic" from Peter Webb, the IAABO "international" interpreter. Last season he observed all the state finals, boys, and girls, eight games, here in Connecticut, where three two is the "law of the land". He had a lot of constructive criticism for our guys: calling outside of primary coverage areas, passing on free throw violations, hit and run reporting of fouls, not using the stop clock signal, and not visibly showing all counts that need to be visible, but he didn't mention our guys reporting the numbers incorrectly.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)