View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 20, 2011, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Being from Twins Territory, my natural inclination is to pull for the American League team in the World(hi, Mike...) Series. And, since my daughter lives in Waxahachie, even more so.

However, one of my favorite former Twins plays for St. Louis. Even better, he is a Twins player that many of the rabid Twins fans loved to hate. He even has a mnemonic name given to him by these fans... LNP... "Little Nicky Punto."

He was an excellent defensive infielder but an easy out in the batting order... something south of .250 IIRC for his lifetime batting average, with a season or two for the Twins where he was south of the Mendoza line for much of the season. (It was ironic, indeed,to see the Rangers intentionally walk LNP the other night to force StL to use a pinch hitter for the pitcher... and this pinch hitter hits the game winner!)

I just think it would be rich for LNP to get his World(hi, Mike...) Series ring before any of the Twins "star" players get theirs (if they ever do)!

So, I'm officially entertained by this series, but neutral...
They're stil playing baseball?