View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 20, 2011, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

My crew notes the time and quarter on each TO as a group immediately after they are called and I have anoounced who called and which TO this is in the period. BJ has Ready Ref timer just started or running at this point and then I gather with the Ump, BJ creeps in to confirm count and we share that all around the board. Between maybe a brief discussion with my UMP or BJ who may or may not mention something they've seen during the course of the game, we will all look at each other and confirm how many are left for both teams with fingers in the air from the wings pointing to each side with fingers showing who has what left...and I'll have the wings tell the coaches the TO's remaining for his team and the opponent, if they ask. Late in the game they will usually just inform them of both teams' status.

In the event you forget...yanking the card is a safe bet. I know guys that use baseball ump clickers to keep track, as well. I think double down markers would drive me nuts, but if it works, it works.