View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Very true, also more than likely most table personnel do not know about the rule book.

I've noticed over the past couple of years, that I'm the only table personnel that has reference materials present at the table.
I always made it a point to carry the rule book and the case book whenever I worked the scorebook at a game. The only problem with it was, there were some officials that thought that I was trying to one-up them, or that I was one of those "parents of one of the players who thought he knew everything just because he shelled out for a rulebook". (Case in point: the visiting team changed one of its starters just before the start of the game, and when I pointed it out to the umpire, his response was, "Well, did both teams have their starting lineups in ten minutes before the start?"; the only reason I didn't respond, "Isn't checking the book at the 10-minute mark to make sure the starters are there your job?", was because I didn't want to risk a technical being called for some strange reason.)