View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 18, 2011, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think the reality is they are trying to avoid constant mistakes that you see on many levels in college with the shot clock. I do not see that as a technology issue rather than an application issue.

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
It is not a technology issue or an application issue, it is $$$$ issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I think it's a combination of three things:

1) $$$$
2) Timing errors / training
3) Since (most) schools can't recruit, if they feel the best chance to win is to slow the game down, they should be allowed to do so. "Entertainment" is not the issue it is in NCAA / pro.
Back in April at the Basketball Rules Committee, they did revisit the idea of adding the adoption of the shot clock.

Struckhoff said the committee again discussed requiring the use of a shot clock in high school basketball, as it has done for several years, but the committee did not approve the proposal.

“Even though there’s growing interest in using a shot clock, the general sense from the committee is that the time isn’t right,” Struckhoff said. “Given the current economic climate, it would be difficult for schools to comply with a rule requiring purchasing new equipment and hiring additional table personnel.”

At last check there are 8 states that have adopted the shot clock. Those eight states are: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Dakota, South Dakota, Rhode Island and Washington.

Read more: What states have a shot clock in high school basketball