View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 12, 2011, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveASA/FED View Post
You know that's when I pull out the book and play stupid. Sorry mr/mrs UIC I am confused. After we talked the other day I went back and double checked the book and here on page XX it says 12-15 feet on a tag play, you were telling me at least 18 feet....I'm confused can you go over this again? I'm missing something.

That way you don't even tell your UIC they are crazy, but you get them into the book (and some of them need it as much or MORE than the umpires they are directing) and also gets your point accross without being a smarta** well that is if you do it right, takes a little acting to seem honest in the 'trying to learn' approach and not the here it is in the book moron that it can come accross as.
I wasn't going to sweat it, as I knew I wouldn't see him again. I just hope I planted the seed in his head that multiple umpires might not be wrong when they're all saying "10-12 feet on a tag play."

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.