View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

These two postsers make very good points.

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Also, what was the kid doing saying "No" to a ref who had just ejected him from the gym? Regardless of whether the T was justified, the player needs to leave the gym as instructed.
and

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFox40

The officials lost control of the game (period) inexcusable.
As for rules and regulations and code of ethics and oath (one way or another pertains to everyone in the gym) All of the above have been broken and all is to pay the consequences.
I would assume that there will be consequences for both player and more-so, the official. No official, licensed or not, should go to that extreme, except maybe to defend himself against a physical attack. In lieu of that and, of course, not knowing the entire set of circumstances, if it had been one of my officials there would be a court order before there were any more games for him. Weather there was any verbal provocation or not, an action like that needs to be dealt with through law enforcement and the judicial system.

I also agree with Chuck's thought, that seems to be, in my words (I don't want to put words in your mouth, so correct me if I'm wrong) ~ You can't condemn officiating as a whole for the actions of one man, especially if he is not a licensed official. JMHO

Blackhawk