View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 28, 2011, 02:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Anyone have opinions on the USC called on Dallas late in the 4th quarter last night, where a still standing Redskin receiver who had caught the ball was hit in the shoulder by the defender (and with the defender's shoulder). I know they are to be very careful with head contact and defenseless receivers, and I thought I even heard WH say the word defenseless receiver...

Is there any case where a receiver who has CAUGHT THE BALL and is not yet tackled might be considered a defenseless receiver?

Any other reason anyone can think of that this was flagged (by TWO officials, no less)? I replayed it a few times and cannot see what they thought they saw. Heck, it was not even that good of a hit, and he had a better chance of hurting his TEAMMATE than the receiver.
Dont really have a position on the PF's, crew to crew in my opinion the NFL is somewhat inconsistent and it is frustrating to fans. Its very difficult at the speed these guys play at to rule on some of these hits so I feel for them. Late hits on the quarterback they have changed the rules and still have tons of qb's getting hurt and in my opinon are inconsistent in their rulings.

but watching this game I could not believe this crew missed the hold on Demarcus Ware near the end of the game, it was on the blatantly obvious side..... a first year pop warner should not have missed that. Jon Gruden went ballistic and they showed the replay as Ware was on a path to destroy Grossman.

Also another thing from this game that was interesting as Dallas came back and blamed all the early snaps their center kept making was due to a former Dallas player on Washingtons D line was calling out Romo's cadence. Interesting I guess it would be nearly impossible for the U to hear since he is behind the O line except for the last 5 minutes of the half?