View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 26, 2011, 11:02am
certified Hot Mom tester

Well, I worked the three 5/6 girls games yesterday and my partner was late for the first game. I had to work about the first four minutes by myself. Wow - that was rough.

The games went pretty well, with one being only a five point difference. It was really close all the way and I was trying to figure out how to avoid OT just in case. One of the players had a purple band-aid on her hand. I told her it was a nice fashion statement. She said she wears only purple band-aids when she needs one, so I guess, for her - it actually is a fashion statement.

During that same game, I noticed one of the girls on the bench seemed to be crying. There was a TO so I went over and asked her if she was OK. She nodded. Her coach then took me aside and told me the girl was crying because she wasn't getting enough playing time and her dad always got harsh with her when that happened because he blamed it on her not playing well enough to get more minutes (which was the case). The coach then said she couldn't give her more playing time just because of that and if she did, it wouldn't be fair to the other girls.

Ah - the wonderful world of kids rec leagues. Oh yeah - in one game, one of the teams hit all twelve of their free throws. The other team missed all seven of theirs. It was kind of weird.