View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 09, 2003, 04:44pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

7th girls, AAU, two whistle (obviously)
I'm lead, partner is trail, still at about the opposite free throw line on his way down. A1 shoots from baseline on opposite side of hoop from me. B1 swipes and gets the ball, I judge it to be a good, if awkward, block. Partner, from the backcourt, blows his whistle and calls a foul on the play.
B coach obviously grumpy about it, ends his complaints by asking partner to at least hustle to get into position. I let it go, but there were other instances where it became obvious that my partner was relatively new (found out later he's a first year guy.) ie, he's lead and signaling three-point try on a shot from the top of the key.
Anyway, at halftime, he's talking about the call with pride. Like he knew it was the right call, and said he almost whacked the coach when he commented about the lack of hustle. I just told him that I didn't see a foul, but I didn't push the issue.
Question. Should I have told him that I had a good view of it, and that I didn't think she "completely hacked her" and that I thought his call was wrong?

Thanks,

Adam