View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 08, 2011, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtridge View Post
I am having a disagreement with a crew member and like 99% of people I have problems translating the all but one principle so your help would be greatly appreciated.

On a normal run past the LOS the penalty enforcement for holding is from the spot.

On a run that never crosses the LOS and the run ends behind the spot of the foul where is your enforcement spot? Is it the same for NCAA?

Thanks everyone for the help.
You asked- "On a normal run past the LOS the penalty enforcement for holding is from the spot."

My answer- On a running play the basic spot will be the end of the run. The penalty will be enforced from the basic spot unless it's a penalty by A behind the basic spot. So on a normal run if the penalty occurred behind the end of the run the penalty would be enforced from that spot. If it occurred beyond the end of the run, the enforcement spot would be the end of the run.

You asked- "On a run that never crosses the LOS and the run ends behind the spot of the foul where is your enforcement spot? Is it the same for NCAA?"

My answer- It would be enforced from the end of the run, even if that is behind the original LOS. I'm not sure what it would be in NCAA..

Last edited by tomes1978; Thu Sep 08, 2011 at 07:08pm.