View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 04, 2003, 08:02pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Not going to help much.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zebraman

You've seen quality games where the game ended w/ more than a 40 point differential?

The quality of the game has nothing to do with the score differential. I have had 10 point games that were not worth a damn. I would not consider that as a factor.

I think I've had as many blowout games in boys as girls.

Good. I do not recall that I asked you for your opinion.

Actually, I think boy's teams have more of a killer instinct and tend to pour it on.

Again, I do not think I asked for what you thought about it. You do have the right to disagree, but I was not giving my personal thoughts and comparing to what was going on with you. We do live in different states, maybe the quality of basketball is different, ya think?

If we are going to have this rule, have it for the girl's side only. But we know that will never happen.

Gee, I don't know why. It's such a well-thought-out idea.

Well I have not seen a better argument given institute such a rule. In Baseball they have a rule to not spend all day trying to end a game that is not timed and save arms of the pitchers on a team. In Football the issue is injuries with a collision sport, where size and strength are very much apart of the actual contest. And in football the game clock is not constantly moving with incomplete passes, change of possession and penalties and out of bounds plays which just prolong the flow and movement of the time of the game. Basketball is a timed game which does not last very long, which the score is not going to cut down on embarrassment or pain of losing by a huge margin. Losing by 20 points can and is rather embarrassing in my opinion. Unless the rules are going to cut down on 3 point shooting, shooting FTs for the winning team or anything that actually stops the margin from widening, I think that a "mercy rule" at the NF is rather silly.

Peace