View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2003, 11:30am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Exact quote.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Unfortunately, Brad closed the "People Skills" thread before I could make my actual point. I was simply waiting for someone to point out that my claim about the all-female crews was not true (which, of course, it's not). I was then going to object that my claim was based on my opinion, my personal interpretation of the facts, and therefore could not be contradicted, despite its obvious falsity.
"One of the main reasons it is not defined is because we have people on this board that think your test score is the determiner of what officiating is all about."

This was the quote from the post. This is obviously based on an opinion that I still believe and do not expect everyone to agree with. To me when an official on this board can praise an first year for knowing the rules by passing one test and not having to see plays and situations live and in technocolor supports this myth that officiating is about passing tests. And then every time you bring up this issue, someone give some example of what is stated in the rulebooks about "knowing the rules." Now I have never said that knowing the rules in not important at all, but people keep thinking and stating that this is what I believe. Personally I do not care what people think about my position. I just do not take the "company line" position and preach that passing a test proves anything. The only thing test prove is that you prove that test. They do not prove that you walked away from it and learned anything.

Peace