View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 12:15am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
9th grade boys rec league tournament tonight. My first time working this level of ball. Went pretty well, except for the start of the 4th Q in the first game. Here's the sitch:

Older gym, older equipment, no possession arrow displayed anywhere. There were enough jump balls early in the 3rd quarter that I had lost track of the arrow (I had been keeping track using the non-pocket-pool method ).

Book tells us that it's white's ball to start the 4th. We give white the throw in. They take a shot and miss. Black rebounds and for some unfathomable reason scores right there at WHITE'S basket. Suddenly everybody is uncertain about which direction to go. Just then the horn sounds and the scorer runs onto the floor to tell us that it should have been black's ball to start the quarter. Ugh!

Partner and I confer and decide that: it's too late to change the throw in, the basket counts for white, and it's black's ball OOB--going the proper direction. Pretty sure we got that part right.

Question is, who gets the AP arrow? We gave the next jump ball to black, but neither of us was sure if that was right.

I believe that this is covered by case book 6.3.1 Sounds to me like you handled it just right.

Lonesome Dove