View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 14, 2011, 09:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
I see...

I don't know if I personally would go quite that far. A lot of guys are running out there just to get their guy out of there, not to cause further problems. I'm not about to penalize guys for breaking it up when they themselves haven't done anything aggressive. That's just my personal opinion, everyone handles things differently.
It is the COACH'S job to control the players. These are AAs and it doesn't take a village to break up a fight. Gang warfare leads nowhere positive.

Quote:
Most rec league teams don't really have official coaches who fully understand their responsibilities to the game and to their players. More often than not, it's just a bunch of guys who just want to play, and they nominate one poor sap to be their "coach." That lack of leadership is how we end up with a dogpile of players when a fight breaks out.
Not my problem. I'm there to officiate A SOFTBALL GAME, nothing more. And there is no place for this type of bull in any game, let alone what is supposed to be a recreational activity.