Thread: NFHS Mechanics
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 27, 2003, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

"first off. the two referee and one linesman system actually works pretty well if its done properly and all three officials are on the same wave length."

And that is exactly my point, unless the officials are on the same wave length, thRR system is just as effective. Plus that fact that many are not useing the system as you suggested later in your post. That is also why it is not working.

I dont really think that it invalidates insurance coverage because USA Hockey requirments are to have certified Officials on the ice for all games. If that was the case a game could not be played if only one official shows.

Putting insurance coverage aside, I realize the RRL is not an approved USAH system however, we do NOT have a strong presense of representation for USA HOCKEY in this area and many officials and assignors do whatever they feel like, let alone what the organizations request. In other words there is a major lack of coordination of the supervisors and training for this area. What can I say?