View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 13, 2011, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Game was over when the benches clear.
I agree with you fully that the game usually needs to be stopped (at least for the night) once benches clear, but just curious to know what call it is you're making here. Forfeit on both sides? Ejecting both teams? Or are you suspending the game to let cooler heads prevail?

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago in a church league post season tourney championship game in which both benches cleared. A few good shoves (those players got tossed), but almost all of the guys were there just to put a stop to it without things escalating. My partner and I stopped the game for about 15 minutes to sort everything out, make the two ejections, let the remaining players calm down, and talk it over with the coaches. We ended up resuming the game, finished it, and even played the "if" game without a hitch.

We only did so because we felt that the remaining players were capable of moving forward without any further outbreaks.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.