View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 13, 2011, 08:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 7in60
...and the benches clear

Men's rec slo pitch league. One batter is crushing balls to left field, mostly foul, but he did get a hold of one for a homer down the line. Noone else in the league hits like this. In the second game of a double header the opposing pitcher tells another player on the team to tell this hitter that they are going to walk him out of safety concerns. The hitter comes up to bat and they send him to first to load the bases with 2 out. He isn't happy and his teammates are chirping that he can place the ball. I go out and tell everyone to be quiet. Next batter hits a grounder to short, throw to second with lots of time, R1 slides hard and late and puts F4 on his back. The benches clear. I am watching for punches, figuring we can finish the game if it's just pushing and yelling. I see two short punches from a defensive player and call the game.

In retrospect, had I ran out, ejected R1 immediately and got him out of there, maybe we finish the game. On the other hand, these are grown men and we shouldn't have to babysit them.

Thoughts?