View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 24, 2011, 04:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Get It Right ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Play I had this last season, big game, big rivals, full gym. I'm lead with post players doing what they do. A bullet pass comes in from outside. Both players reach for the ball, neither get it, it was at least 1 foot beyond either player's hands, not even close. I call B's ball. My partner comes to me, one I trust very much, and asks me if I want some help. I know he would only come in if he had something important. I welcome the input. The defender on the passer brushed the ball as it was released, not enough to slow the ball down or deflect it more than a few inches but a touch nonetheless. I blow my whistle and announce A's ball. Don't know if it changed the game but it made us a lot more credible as a crew.
That's exactly the way we're taught to do things here in my little corner of Connecticut, and it's part of almost everyone's pregame. In thirty years, working almost eight hundred high school assignments, I've only had one partner, just a single one, in thirty years, not appreciate my help. And I'm talking about offering help here, not changing someone's call.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)