View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 22, 2011, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick43 View Post
I recently posted a question on a BC call that was made that shouldn't have been. My question to all of you is how far do you argue your position if your partner disagrees with you? Assume you feel 100% you are correct. Before you answer I understand that ideally there is a Referee and an Umpire and their is a hierarchy but some assignments do not differentiate. And also based on the coverage areas this shouldn't be a common occurrence but nonetheless when it does happen, what do you use to determine?
Unless my partner asks, I don't do or say anything about his calls in his area. If he calls in my area and I had a different opinion of the play, I'll ask him what he saw AFTERWARDS IN THE LOCKERROOM either at halftime or following the game. Most of the time, I'll just say thank you after hearing from him.
It is very difficult to question the judgment of a partner. I would recommend refraining from doing so. People get super sensitive, so leave that to the assignors or observers.

I will discuss a rule application with a partner. Again only if he asks about a play in his area. If it was in mine, now we have a good opportunity to start the conversation with what did you see there.

I never go to a partner on the court during the game about a call. He made it. He can answer for it. If he wants help, he can ask.

On