Thread: Transition
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 22, 2011, 02:48pm
Huck Finn

I'm confused because you started out asking a question and have now taken a position, both on the court and in this discussion. You can do what is best for you, but I'm not going to make it a habit of beating the largest pack of players down the court.

It seems like your discussion at camp focused on how the official looked more than what position the officials were in. There are probably an infinite number of plays you can look at where each of the three are in position to see some of the plays, but at the same time are stacked on others.

Since I live in Vegas I will say the odds are the L has two players, the T has two players and the C has six. That being the case - without scientific evidence at all - do you think you are going to get stacked with those six? Not a trick question, looking for your opinion.

What if there is a block charge on the far sideline, at the division line, and the C was looking good and hustled down to the free throw line extended? Again, looking for your opinion.

As a basketball official, hustle mean nothing to me. Getting into the best position to make accurate calls means everything. That means sometimes we will walk, sometimes we will sprint and sometimes we will stand still. Think about it, an evaluator can tell you that you ran yourself into a bad (stacked) position when you are hustling, but not when you are in the best position.

YMMV