View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 22, 2011, 12:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

This depends entirely on whom your partner is and who had the call. If it is in someone's PCA and they made a judgment call, I am probably going to allow them to live and die with that. All you can do is give information and they have to decide if your information is enough to make a change.

If the person is also the Referee or they are the more senior official or they just are not a good partner, this also might change how I approach the situation. Some of these individuals that I just mentioned would be more than happy to get information from you and do what is right whether that is make a change or stick with what they have.

I believe that it is our job to get it right, but the reality is we are not going to get it right a lot of the time. It is OK if we make a mistake or if we screw up a judgment from time to time. Not all situations can be corrected or should be corrected just because we have a different opinion. So that conversation should be short and based on what we talked about in pre-game. If there truly is a disagreement, then talk after the game in a constructive manner to see what happened.

Peace