View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 21, 2011, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Really?
Yes, really.

Quote:
Again, this is not what was offered. Everyone I read on this has stated, if the pitcher balks, they'll call it. What was said is, as the pitcher's movements get closer to a balk, but before they cross the line, they've been known to give a quiet warning. Now I'm back to questioning whether you're even reading the posts you're so fired up about.
Either you don't know what a balk is or you are simply looking to quarrel. It is either a balk or it isn't. You DO NOT warn pitchers for almost balking. End of story. Stop the nonsense. Only OOOs behave like you suggest.

Do I need to quote them again? I did it once and you seem to have a problem understanding that Tim and RichMSN both stated that it is acceptable to prevent a pitcher from balking by alerting him to his rule breaking mechanics. Geesh.

Quote:
As for your insistence that other sports aren't relevant; the NFHS doesn't do just baseball. Are you saying that I'm cheating when I remind a player to get out of the lane, or tell a coach that his assistant coach is about to earn a technical foul? Isn't the code of ethics the same for basketball and baseball?
I confine my baseball talk to the baseball forum. If you want to know what those sports tolerate, ask there.

I have never told a HC that his AC is about to be ejected. I also don't warn coaches that if they keep it up they will be tossed. I call what I see or hear. Impartiality begins with the ability to make tough calls.

Watch the CWS and you will see umpires who know how to officiate the game. Go to your local MiLB field and watch crews operate almost roboticly. Watch a MLB contest and see the guys now call games. They no longer engage in what was taught moons and moons ago. Umpiring is evolving and coaching is not part of it.