Thread: Picking battles
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 21, 2011, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffish View Post
Sure enough, second half and he is giving "instructions" to his players, like box out, pinch that side, whose got the shooter, crap like that. Delay violation, miss first of two shot foul, and he is incredulous. Once more shot and he is again talking, delay, missed shot. To his credit he did stop after that one and just mumbled something about 35 years coaching he's never heard of such a thing. To cap it off, his guard is shooting and he said to one of his players to talk to the team because he couldn't talk during the free throws. I had to laugh at that one.
Ok in the 1st half its your judgment as to whether this coach is trying to disconcert or if he is just coaching/instructing his team. I've seen this before when the teams are shooting in front of the defensive bench. I'll give you that.

But the 2nd half?!?!?!
He's disconcerting from the backcourt 28' line to the frontcourt FT line extended? IDK
Sounds like the other team talked you into something or you just didnt have enough to do already.

The terms you provided that the coach used are things I hear coaches & players say all the time in a FT situation. I'd never tell a coach he cant talk... simply show the delayed FT violation mechanic. But be prepared to follow up with a T