View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 25, 2003, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

I'm kind of on the same boat as theshortbaldref. This is speaking from a personal stand point, and it might sound as if I'm putting myself on a pedestal. I just got my votes back from the state yesterday. I knew I had one bad game this year. My partner and I could not get on the same page. I just had a feeling they would give me a no vote. I'm not yet in our state tourney. yes vote = 1 pt. no vote = -2pts. Anyway I got 20 yes votes and 2 no votes. Those 2 allowed me not to recieve a tourney assignment. So I do think one bad game can hurt you in the long run. But on the other hand, to keep my head up, I'm working my 1st D3 post season game tonight. That's the diference between HS and college. That's just my opinion.I do understand that politics are everywhere, especially HS. Are they that bad in the higher level's? Just wondering if I have to start kissing $%# to advance to the next level. My feeling is let your court performance do the talking, but obviously that is not the way it works.

"Everyone has their own opinion, but mine is the only one that counts."