View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 25, 2003, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: It is very true.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Not trying to be funny. Just telling the truth. If you do not agree, take it up with the people that only talk in terms of being a "test" master to prove your worth as an official.
No offense, Jeff, but you're not "just telling the truth". You repeat this falsehood as a straw man argument to boost your position that rules knowledge is a secondary skill for outstanding officials. Nobody, nobody, nobody on this board believes that a rules test is the sole indicator of one's worth as an official. I defy you, I dare you -- I triple-dog dare you -- to find one single post where anyone has seriously stated that knowing the rules is the only requisite for being an outstanding official.

Without dodging the issue, if you can repost one single post where this is said, I will take your side and openly mock anyone who puts any credence in rules knowledge.

But you can't do it. Because not one single person really believes what you keep saying they believe. So please get off it.

Chuck