View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 16, 2011, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHSAA View Post
I am seeing more and more of this move coming down from the NBA to the college and high school ranks. Are yall seeing the same?

Here's the debate:

A1 pump fakes and B2 bites on the fake and jumps forward. A1 then attempts a shot and jumps into B2 who is airborne. A foul is called on B2 which sends A1 to the line.

A lot of guys in my local association agree with this foul on the defense even though the offensive player created contact also, if not first. My take is that both are at fault, the defense was not within their vertical plane, and the offensive player jumped forward into the defense trying to get the call. I am alright with a foul if the offensive player jumped straight up, or even slightly forward (some players jump straight up and some jump 3 feet forward on their jumpshots).

Anyone agree or am I alone here?
IF B1 would have landed short of A1, then A1 is responsible for the contact. No call (or, I suppose a potential PC foul -- or, just maybe, A1 is taunting B1 by landing on him). If B1 would have landed on A1 anyway, then the foul is on B1.