Thread: The Other Coach
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 14, 2011, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
It took a sec for me to react, as I couldn't believe this guy didn't already know not to do this. He never reacted to my verbal attention-getting-attempt and seemed surprised when I intercepted him about 2 steps from partner. Had to run the last couple of steps. I said, "Coach, wait your turn." He said, "I just want to hear what he's saying." I said, "Coach, back up a bit and wait your turn - if something happens you'll get your say when they are done." Finally he really focuses on me for the first time and ejects himself with "What's your F#&$*ing problem?"

It blew up so fast I was a bit flabbergasted. Truly have never come across a coach that didn't know he was not welcome in the other coach's conference.
I think it might have caught me off guard too.......a step or two behind the offensive coach, it will be hard to corral him before he gets there. However, if you are either in B or C, you also need to rely on your partner to give him a nudge away from the action to allow you time for you to get there to help him out.

Yeah.......the defensive coach screwed the pooch with his answer to you.......sucks for him.

Joel