View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 13, 2011, 06:27am
Esteemed Forum Member

For Lack Of A Definition ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
If he was on the floor while the ball was dead before it was at B's disposal, then he was participating prior to that when the shot was made. Technical foul.
BktBallRef: Thanks for posting. So I guess you're saying that Nevadaref's citation that the player "will not actually participate until the ball becomes live" doesn't fit Situation G?

How about Situation C? It appears that A6 was "on the floor (and) was participating prior to that when the" violation occurred? Your words in quotes. The only difference here is that the clock is stopped.

C) Team A has six team members participating, which goes unobserved by the officials. Official calls a travel violation on Team A. There are no substitutions after the whistle. Before administering the throw in, officials observe that Team A has six team members participating. The ball is dead, and the clock is stopped. What’s the call?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 05:30pm.