View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 07, 2011, 07:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpJM (nee CoachJM) View Post
Mike,

What about the "heather gray" pants and Navy or Gray ball bag provisions?

(Careful, I've got pictures! )

JM
We have a separate policy statement regarding which slacks are approved. The charcoal gray slacks will be the mandate soon but are good to go now.

I have a couple grey ball bags and used them in my last Super. When the vendors show up at the IHSA, NCAA or local meetings, I don't see anything but black there. Black was approved for playoffs in IHSA ball, probably because the other colors have limited availability.

I saw the note about white on Jeff's shoes and that is not an issue any longer. From the bigs on down, you will see white on umpire's shoes - usually the bases, but even some plate shoes have the MLB logo in white now. Tourney ball is on TV now and I saw more than a few sporting white on their Reeboks. I prefer all black but wear a 13 so I take what is available and not upcharged for size. The new Reeboks (plate and base) fit the bill this year.

Finals are this week and I know most of the guys working it. We will see white on some shoes, charcoal grey slacks, black ball bags and...navy blue shirts and hats. Hopefully, we will also see some excellent baseball and terrific officiating. I hope IHSA.tv runs it for all to see.