View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 06, 2011, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
You know how much basketball officials hate being "uniform police?" I guarantee the track officials hate being uniform police at least 20 times more than you do.

What's the penalty in basketball if you miss an improper uniform? Force the coach to play a sub or take a timeout while the uni is corrected? Technical foul? (I really don't know)
Depends...if you're talking about an illegal uniform, then it's ONE technical foul issued to the head coach for any and all violations. If it's for jewelry, you'd either make them take care of the issue right on the spot (something like a player wearing a necklace), or the official could ask for a substitute for said player. In no way would a player be handed a technical foul for jewelry.

I will say this, this is one of the stupidest rules I've seen in any sport. How has anyone not purposed a rule change to this?
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.