View Single Post
Old Tue May 31, 2011, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcannizzo View Post
When coach gestures with a swing/hammer, then it is auto-eject, even for the low-ego ump.

But I would like to know what Earlywine said. Being up 5-0 in top 1st with only one out and bases loaded, (or was it 1st and 3rd).

I mean why would he get so hot?

Could he have just said, "Toss me, like THIS!!!!" so he could let the assistants run the game?
From the game article in the Columbia Daily Tribune (5/29/11)......

"I objected with the call and was heated in the moment", Earlywine said. "He did what he had to do. He felt like he made the right call."
Later on in the same article, when asked about watching the game from the locker room....
"That was painful to watch in there", he said. "It was really, really hard but I guess I deserved it."

Notice there were no cheap shots directed toward the PU in his comments. PU (along with 3BU) took care of business quickly and professionally without a lot fuss...coach understands it. Textbook ejection.

Why would he get so hot up 5-0 with 1 out and runners on in the 1st???...he's a coach. As we all know they are all capable of 'going off' at anytime, in any situation, at any level.