View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2011, 01:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Beside using a "loose ball" signal in a HS/College game, what's wrong with copying the 60 best??
To me the only time 2 handed reporting "looks silly" is when the reporting official can read it themselves
IMO if our books were written as clearly as theirs & we had the same big picture mentality they have, "Oh What a Wonderful World it Would Be!"
I do not see what mechanics you use has to do with following the best. I could even personally make an argument that those in the NBA are not always the best. That is a different level anyway but I probably could find more than that number that if they wanted to could work an NBA game. I think it looks silly for what we have to do. The NBA does this while walking and talking and we cannot do that the same in the college ranks (or at least not by what the main supervisors say). If you like it that is fine with me, but I think it would be mostly inappropriate at the HS level and most college officials I know do not do this either. Just my opinion, not something I feel that strongly about. But just because the NBA does something I do not think we all should do something. Different rules and different standards.

Peace