Thread: Moderators???
View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2011, 02:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
I started out umping Little League in 1994. I got my first PC in '95 or '96. McGriff's was a great resource for me. Its a shame it folded up. The overseas spam business is just too powerful for an ordinary guy to to try and run a board/

I would be willing to accept the limited capacity to dump spammers. I do not want to get in the position of moderator and arbitrate p!$$-fights between some of us. I admin'd a college sports board for a while and its a PIA.

Some of the ads links placed on here were downright nasty and could probably get some of us in trouble if stumbled over at work.
This statement is kind of the point of the post. We are talking about a legit subject and in the thread are a bunch of pictures that would not only be offensive, but you cannot observe at work or other places like a library. I just do not understand why something cannot be done. It is obvious this site does not have the same observation that the other boards do. I wouldn't want their job either, just concerned. But I guess you cannot show that without some getting defensive.

Peace