View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 21, 2003, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
The clock starts when A inbounds, and then when A scores, we are in a correctable error situation until B has ball at disposal. At that point, ball is once again live and you can't correct anything.

Hawks Coach,Bob,Camron-et al-this is the thread that I was referring to:
http://www.officialforum.com/thread/7541

Comments?
I agree with Camron, that possession changes on the made shot. The ball is dead until at disposal, but so is the ball when it goes OOB off A, and yet in both cases we know that B gets the ball - that qualifies as change of possession for me. I would shoot the FTs with the lane empty then go to POI in both of these situations.

If A inbounds, B deflects OOB, then table says whoops - shudda been FTs, you shoot the FTs as normal - no POI. I think the intent of this rule is to avoid giving A the 2fer when A hasn't yet capitalized on their wrongfully awarded possession, not to give A a made shot, FTs, and a chance at the rebounds on those FTs.

Imagine a 3 pointer on the possession, A then makes the front-end of the 1 and 1, misses the second, tips rebound to wing for another 3 pointer. I wouldn't think this is where you want to be on this one.